The history of Hamilton watches can be dated back to 1892 and its roots are embedded in the U.S.A. The original watch factory was set up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania where the company got nurtured and grown for 111 years. Hamilton first made its mark during the American Railroad’s early days. The company came in the limelight for its pocket watches and supply of field watches in the U.S. military. In 1918, with the development of aviation, this watch brand became a synonym to the world of aviation and got recognised as the Official Timekeeper for the Red Bull Air Race World Championship. In 1974, Hamilton became part of the Swatch group that gave it the prestigious Swiss label but the watch company is still American by heart. Today, Hamilton is known for its innovation and the way it changed the world of watchmaking for the entire world. In 1957, the watch company developed its first electronic watch, Hamilton Ventura which was powered by battery. After that in 1970, it launched the Pulsar which was the first LED digital watch of the world. From the beginning of 2011, the company has been producing watches with its own ETA movements with power reserve of up to 80 hours.